Customising your aircraft
On customizing your new built aircraft the customer have some options some come standard others are classed as extras
- Interior Upholstery - all aircraft come standard with fire retardant treated material in various shades of Grey – there is no option on interior coloring.
- Interior painting this is done in a light grey speckled paint
- The instrument panel or console is partially covered with a padded vinyl grey material and the lower section has some paint work done on it in black. The instrument panel/console face plate is painted in a mat light grey.
- Floor carpets are done in dark charcoal and edged with a grey vinyl.
- Seating – the removable seats are done in a standard grey material with matching door pockets - but there is the option to upgrade to leather seating which most customers do due to the fact that is most durable with easy maintenance. Leather seating is classed as an optional extra - there is the option on coloring from a light to medium or dark grey and black - most customer's opt to go with the dark charcoal grey as this is the most durable in the long run – it must be noted that the lighter greys will look more worn as time goes by. The door pockets are done in the same matching leather
Instrument panel/console and set up
- All instrument consoles have a basic set up of where the fuses are placed and where the masters, ignition, choke and carb-heat are fitted and we do not change this, the set up should be the same on all Jabiru aircraft.
- All wiring is done with mil-spec wire
- The customer has the choice to upgrade the fuses to circuit breakers which will be classed as an optional extra - pricing on request or the customer can supply his own.
- Instruments the standard supply Avionics are non-certified. Consisting of Airspeed indicator, altimeter, vertical speed indicator a balance ball/slip indicator. Engine monitoring are RPM with a built in digital Hobbs hour meter, Voltmeter gauge, Oil Temperature Gauge, Dual Exhaust gas temperature gauge and Dual Cylinder head temperature gauge. Radio - Usually the Garmin GTR200 com-Radio with the exception for the Jabiru SP and UL where the radio will be a smaller round radio.
- All transponders, GPS's, intercoms and fuel monitors are classed as optional extras and the customer has the option on various instrument set ups for EFIS ( electronic flight systems) EMS ( electronic engine monitoring) to auto pilots, Customers can change radio model or make or/and add a second radio and audio panel. Please contact the office to get more information on the options available.
- Headsets are not supplied standard with the aircraft
Click here for Centre Control Stick
Exterior PaintingAll aircraft are painted with a 2K automotive white. There is the option to have a special paint schemes done in metallic but this will need to be discussed with the factory – it is important to note extra painting can add weight to the aircraft and one must consider the fact that all upper flying surfaces are to be kept white. Africa has a hot climate and white is the coolest color and there can be tremendous heat buildup on the top flying surfaces when aircraft are sitting on the ground in the sun.
Decals and StripesThere are various options for decals and stripes and this can be one of the hardest decisions to make. The overall flow of the design and color vary. When sticking vinyl decals onto the aircraft there are two options one can go for either a straight color vinyl or a printed color vinyl. On the printed vinyl the customer can shade the stripe from dark to light or even one color to another color thereby creating a 3D effect. If metallic silver is used as the base vinyl the top color printed onto the vinyl will have an overall metallic effect which shines in the sun.
There are so many color options to choose from and when it comes to the design one needs to decide if you want more of a conventional straight line effect or something that has more of a flowing fun effect. There basic decals and registration done in Vinyl do come as a standard supply and one has the option to send through a design they would like or they can choose for a design that has been done on other aircraft. Please contact the factory for sample layups and coloring.
For those who want their decals to be painted on this is an optional extra and depending on the color and design chosen the price will vary on how long it will take to mask and paint the design.
Propeller & Lights
- All aircraft and supplied standard with the Jabiru composite Scimitar two bladed ground adjustable propeller.
- All aircraft are supplied standard with the dual landing lights now fitted in the wings, red and green wing tip lights and a strobe on the tail all lights are LED. The interior will have an interior light to illuminate the instrument panel. The standard supply is the standard requirement for night flying at this time.
Tyres and SpatsAll aircraft are supplied standard with medium sized 6 ply tyres and spats. The customer has the option to swop out the main tyres to large tyres with no spats at no extra cost. It must be noted that the rims remain the same and the customer may opt to go with the standard supply and can purchase two extra spare large tyres and tubes which can be fitted when operating on ruff runways, it is not recommended to operate off ruff runways with spats and for training aircraft we recommend not fitting spats. The factory will not entertain claims on cracked or damaged spats.
WindowsAll the Jabiru aircraft manufactured and supplied from South Africa have aviation blue tinted windows and windscreens standard fitted with round Snap vents for ventilation and depending on aircraft model there could be 2 or four supplied.
As an optional extra for the J430 and J230 we offer clear glass doors for the front two doors – it must be noted that the doors will need to be handled with a little extra care as they can scratch and crack. There is also the option to have photographic hatches fitted – these can be installed in most aircraft windows where the option to use photographic equipment without getting any reflection or glare is required – please contact the office for these options it must be noted that the option of photographic hatches needs to be made before the door windows are installed as they are made up and installed by the supplier before being fitted to the aircraft.
Click here for Photographic glass doors and photographic window hatches options
Aircraft coversWe do stock aircraft covers that are made specifically for the Jabiru aircraft out of a light weight water retardant material. The color is a light tan color and the covers are optional extras.
Pitot covers and bung sets are supplied standard with the aircraft